Sunday 4 September 2011

Ps3 Cable - hdmi cables, 1080p


OK, not much you can say about a cable, unless you get one that is bad or "flakey" from a problem with the shield, as we read from a previous posting.



I recently upgraded my HDTV system and now have a HDTV, Blue-ray, and Receiver that supports the HDMI 1.3 spec. This spec enables new high bandwidth features previously not supported in older HDMI cables and equipment. Both the Blue-ray and the HDTV, and my Roku-Netflix box are firmware upgradeable, so this cable should support their enhancements for at least a couple of years.



Being the quintessential anal-retentive Electrical Engineer, I tend to over analyze everything (even if not required). When buying cables (typically, the weak link in most systems), you have to determine if the product is manufactured from a reputable vendor, or built by a couple of guys in their garage, with no quality control. Mediabridge Products is a subsidiary of Broadband Products, Inc. Broadband Products has HDMI certification (see hdmi.org for why this is important).



There are two types of HDMI cable, Standard (Category 1) and High Speed (Category 2), and they have different performance metrics. A Standard cable can transmit a 1080i signal for 15 meters (49 feet) or more, while a High Speed HDMI cable can transmit a 1080p signal for at least 7.5 meters (25 feet). For the most part, running cables less than 5 meters, either will work, but I want to make sure and this cable is Category 2.



Why did I buy this specific cable from this vendor: The vendor has an almost perfect feedback record, the product is low cost for the specs, fulfilled by Amazon, and importantly free shipping, and a return policy that pays the shipping for returns/exchanges of defects.



ADK Mediabridge Ultra Series - High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - Category 2 Certified - Supports 3D & Audio Return Channel [Latest HDMI Version Available] - (10 Feet)

These cables are the best buy, high quality. After buying your HD TV do yourself a favor and connect your set with these cables.

They are extremely well made, comparable to Monster cables at a fraction of the cost. Highly recommended, would buy again.

I bought this cable due to the high reviews and good price. HDMI being a digital signal, will either work or not, it doesn't degrade the signal, so I figured it would be okay as long as they worked the first shot.



Problem #1: When running this cable from my PS3 down to my bigscreen I discovered that if I ran the cable through the back of the entertainment center like all the other cables, it flaked out (green screen or static). If I dropped it straight down it worked. This indicated the shielding on the cable is not good, or that there is a fault in the cable.



Problem #2: After about 1 month, now the screen will sometimes flicker to a green screen/static and then back. If I play with the cable a bit it comes back. Either the cable is a little loose in the HDMI slots (doesn't feel like it) or there is a fault in the cable.



I tried to get away cheap, and now I'm dealing with it. I certainly wouldn't buy the $100 Monster cables. That is crazy. But there are some quality issues with this one.



EDIT: Well, it finally has become a serious problem. I believe it was due to it being slightly loose in the HDMI port. I just broke down and bought a phillips cable and the problem went away immediately. It _might_ work for you... or might not.

I ordered 2 of these cables but actually received the 10' nylon coated cables. The only bad thing about the nylon coated cables is that they are a little stiff and you must have enough clearance behind your HDMI port so that when the cable is plugged in, it is not under too much bending pressure. Other than that minor detail they work great and I've had no problems. I have one connected to my HDTV cable box and the other to my Xbox360. Great quality for the price!

I was really appreciative to find such a budget priced item that had great success in so many reviews. My purchase satisfaction was short lived, unfortunately.



Upon installation, the cables worked as expected and created an excellent signal, very pleased with it. No issues whatsoever.



Two weeks later, my signal from cable just stops suddenly. Fearing that it was my LCD failing somehow, I immediately investigated and started narrowing down the possible causes and troubleshooting discovered that it was indeed the HDMI cable only, along with the second one I had purchased for the video equipment. I confirmed so by trying them on other equipment elsewhere in the house and replacing the cables with other ones to see if they function.



Both were deader than a doornail with no known cause. Everything else in the house is fine, including other HDMI cables.



Perhaps they passed to close to the Kryptonite and didn't have long to live upon arrival or I just ended up with some kind of random event which causes electronic items not to behave like their dependable siblings.



Some day I may know all the answers, but for now, just a caveat for you to ponder.



[...] - Playstation 3 - Hdmi Cables - Hdmi - 1080p'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information