Saturday 3 September 2011

Refrigerator Accessories - whirlpool water filter, 4396508


I purchased Whirlpool filters (item 4396508) as shown in the photo and described in the description. I received generic Water Sentinel filters. Probably an honest mistake, but if I wanted generic filters, I would have ordered them. I will be returning them. Whirlpool 4396508 KitchenAid Maytag Side-by-Side Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-Pack

I don't know how this will compare to the REAL "Whirlpool" filter which I thought that I was getting! It says that it is made by Water Sentinel. That is not how it is presented so I am very disappointed.

I'll keep this to the point:

- Ordered a three-pack of the product on this page

- Product arrived and was labeled "Whirlpool" on top and "Pur" on the bottom. It appeared to be genuine OEM

- Have changed out the water filter on this fridge over a dozen times previously with no issues

- Installed one and the water took on rotten eggs (hydrogen sulfide) smell

- Water had no such smell with the previous filters

- Thinking I had one bad unit, I installed another one form the 3-pack

- It too imparted the awful smell

- Removed filter completely, smell went away

- Returned this product for a refund

- Ordered PUR QTSS Whirlpool Quarter Turn Refrigerator Ice and Water Filter Cartridge and installed it... no bad smell

I just recieved another brand some after market not the item advertised as Whirlpool.This filter compared to Whirlppol is not the same if you shake it it has something inside that moves. It does not seem to be similar in quality. I do not know why this is not corrected yet on Amazon it still shows Whirlpool product and picture and you recieve a product as Water Sentinel. I did recieve a credit for the error after a few calls so customer service was okay. - Whirlpool Water Filter - 4396508 - Water Filter For Refrigerator - Fridge Filter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information