Saturday 3 September 2011

Yoga Mat Bag - yoga, gaiam


I love this yoga bag! It is machine washable and therefore easy to clean. It also snaps fully open, so I can easily put my extra long, extra thick, sticky yoga mat in the bag. It's plenty big to toss my towel, tee, and water bottle on top of my oversized mat. Plus the outside, zippered pocket is great for keeping my keys, wallet and cell handy. Gaiam Tree of Life Yoga Mat Tote Bag

Aesthetically beautiful tree design, but could be functionally better. Holds two mats (5mm & 3mm) but the soft fabric is not supportive. The bag ends flop and turn the simple act of placing a mat in a bag into a chore. The snaps work well, but do not allow for complete closure or upright storage. Shoulder strap is not adjustable and carrying the bag lengthwise is cumbersome. Would prefer a longer and deeper bag, stiffer fabric, complete closure, adjustable shoulder strap and upright carry.

This is a very nice bag and is sturdy. i bought a heavy yoga mat from another company and it fits in here just fine. its bigger than i thought. but beware that its not wide enough for the extra wide mats. check widths first. overall good product and i am satisfied.

I like the bag. The tree of life embroidery in a lovely shade of green is real pretty. Love that its roomy enough to pack all the essentials. Plenty of space to put my extra long mat plus my regular mat.There's also room for a block and strap. There is an outside pocket and an inside pocket which is ample to carry my keys,wallet and towel. For some reason I thought the bag would be a bit rigid. The ends of the bag keep folding over. So it doesn't sit straight up like in the picture shown. If it were a little rigid it would've been easier to take the mats in and out of it. Haven't washed it but when I do I hope it won't shrink. The magnet clasps are good. However, a zipper would've probably enabled the bag to not fold over at the ends. But on the plus side you don't have to worry about the zipper getting faulty and rendering it useless.

Just got my Yoga Tote and though i love the bag (it's nice and roomy, fits my mat and a set of clothes easily, pretty design, well made, etc.) i ended up being the jerk on the crowded subway with the awkward size bag. the straps on the bag dont allow your mat to lie against your body so if you live in cities like NYC where you take the subway or bus everywhere, your bag tends to take up a lot more space than traditional sling bags. this bag would be fantastic if i drove to work and could leave it in my car but unfortunately, that's not the case for me...

This yoga mat bag is nice and spacious, with long straps and room to throw in clothes/water bottle in addition to the mat. The only reason I don't give it a higher rating is because it gets dirty very easily. I guess it's to expect with white fabric, but I would hope it would have some sort of a fabric protectant that allows dirt to be wiped off easily - which I don't think it does. But other than that, great bag!

I bought this yoga bug because at the photo is seems nice and when you see it is BEAUTIFUL. The bad things that I notice once I used it, is that if you have a heavy mat it starts bothering you at the neck and shoulder when you carry it and also, that I can't control hiting people or things with it as I walk.

Maybe with a lighter yoga mat is better, I don't know.

Still, the fabrics is high quality.

The bag is made well and great for fitting in my extra thick yoga mat and towels for bikram yoga. It fits a lot of stuff, but cumbersome due to it's size. Constantly knocking into people with my bag. The straps are uncomfortable. Would be better if they were adjustable.

This yoga bag is fantastic! I disagree with previous reviewers who said the snaps don't close and it doesn't hold enough. I put in my 1/4" thick yoga mat AND both my blocks AND my strap AND my Yogitoes towel and I can still close the snaps! Plus there are pockets both inside and outide for my phone, wallet and keys.



I agree that this bag is a bit unwieldy if you are in cramped spaces. You tend to bang people around you when you turn if you get too close because it rests perpendicular to your body. It's not a problem for me because I live in the suburbs and drive to yoga class, and I store it either in my car or my foyer. If you pack it right, you CAN store it upright in a corner.



It is made of very sturdy canvas and looks nice too. All in all, a great bag if you don't have space issues while traveling. Highly recommend.

This a great yoga bag (especially for hot yoga). The bag is attractive but also highly functional. I am able to quickly and easily pack yoga mat, yogitoes towel, water, face towel and snap it shut (or you can leave open). The straps are long enough so that it's very comfortable to carry and it's machine washable! There is a pocket inside as well as an outside zip pocket (large enough to fit all of the above at the same time: phone, keys, tissues). I'm very happy with this purchase. - Gaiam - Yoga - Bag - Yoga Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information