Monday 26 September 2011

Shoe Pouch - ipod accessories, nike


I own LaceLids but they are not interchangeable and I thought this item would be great for changing shoes (a girl's gotta have options, right?!?) While it's a great concept, I did use it once and felt that it wasn't sturdy... noisy clattering coming from my shoe made me nervous that it was going to fall off. I read one comment that it fell off during a trail run, and while my runs are usually confined to the treadmill at a local gym, I do 10k runs monthly... so I am concerned. I think I'll stick with my LaceLids and just buy them in bulk... They are very secure. Switcheasy RunAway Nike Plus iPod AnyShoe Adapter (White)

The sleek, good looking design attracted me to this product, but unfortunately it lasted all of about a mile and the top piece (along with my Nike plus transmitter) was gone. I guess I should have put some tape around it to be sure, but I figured it was designed for running and didn't expect it to break open so easily! Now I'm out $30 for a new Nike plus :( Don't let it happen to you!

I now have about 300 miles on the Switcheasy RunAway and it has been flawless. Its best features:

1. Easy to take on and off shoes in an instant. Just pull and turn to unclip from your laces. Yet it's quite secure as it locks on.

2. It has an easy access button so that you can turn your sensor OFF when not in use to save its battery. The marware doesn't do this.

3. comes in many crystal colors to match your shoes (perhaps not really important)

4. the newer 'crystal' version is a slight redesign which is more secure, rugged and easier.

5. comes with a cap for the ipod adapter, that fits snugly in the RunAway for easy storage of the whole nike+ipod gadget.



I tried running with the sensor under the footbed, but that didn't really work, and I'm not a Nike shoe guy. So, this clips easily on to my Saucony and Brooks running shoes. Yeah!



Update:

6. I now have 900 miles on her and it's still a rock solid holder. No problems. Not flimsy

7. The clip also works fine on the strap of my Vibram Five Fingers KSOs. So, another benefit as some holders require shoe laces.

I actually owned this for over a year. No problems except I went for a trail run last week, and poof it's gone. My guess is that because it's made with a plastic swivel to lock the clip around the shoelace. Must of worn down and gotten loose....I just replaced the sensor too, because the old one ran out. I think it's time to try the velcro one

I love the RunAway AnyShoe Adapter for Nike+ iPod Sports Kit. It can be attached to your shoe when you want to use it and then taken off when you're done. Much easier on the sensor's battery. Also comes with a storage method for the transmitter so that everything stays together and doesn't get lost. I can tuck the shoe adapter in my iPod Sock and it's good to go anywhere, anytime.

This is a simple and effective alternative to having to buy a Nike+ shoe. It does keep the sensor securely in place as recommended for accuracy in your distance. I ran about a year with one before the top came off, losing the transmitter. I believe the part that locks it in place can't take long term stress.



I recommend checking it periodically for signs of stress.



If you want a pouch type, make sure it keeps it secure with no extra movement. This is required for maximum accuracy.

I bought this Adapter over two years ago to use with my iPod Nano. As a life long runner, I don't wear Nike shoes so this item was the perfect option for me when using the Nike+ feature on the Nano. It's also convenient for switching from one pair of shoes to another if you like to rotate several pairs of running shoes. I have never lost the adapter of sensor with this device.

I purchased this product a while ago- directly from their website. It was easy to install, maybe a little too easy. I had it on for maybe a month before I went for a run on a local trail. After finishing my run I noticed my shoe looked different- the adapter had unclipped and my sensor was gone! It is way too easy for this thing to fall off.



A better (and cheaper alternative): Cut the tongue of your shoe, insert the sensor, then sow it back up. Costs nothing, and you'll never lose your sensor.

I bought this product several months ago, and just put it on my shoe for the first time. I ran 5K, and when I was done running, I looked down, and the top had slid off of the case, taking my Nike sensor along with it. This pouch is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL and I now have to go replace both the pouch AND the sensor. It is not sturdy AT ALL, and I would not recommend this product to ANYONE. - Nike - Ipod Accessories - Nike Plus - Nike Plus Ipod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information