Tuesday 6 September 2011

Siding Nailers - nail gun, bostitch


I work with this gun in South Florida and it is the best gun I have ever used. The specs say this gun holds 2" to 3 1/4" nails, but it also shoots 1 1/2" case hard nails into concrete like a real pro. 2 1/4" case hard nails also work very well. Down here we have all concrete block exterior walls and do quite a lot of furring to attach drywall to. This is the best of about five different makes I have used over the past 20 + years. AAAAA++++ rating. Hitachi NV83A Full Head Construction Coil Nailer

I have been heavily using Hitachi NV 83A nailer for 6 years and I never had any problems with it, except for one time when I dropped it three stories down on solid concrete and the only thing I had to replace was the nail magazine cover. I recently purchased a twin and I will newer buy another brand. As professional framer, I definetely reccomend it against other brands that I had a chance to use.

i work with the nv83a for 4 years.with little maintainace it works well,without any problems. We use it for roofing and framing.My crew loves the Hitachi and we shot more than 2 millions of nails.The next one will be a Hitachi again.

I borrowed a friend's Hitachi NV83A,15 minutes later I purchased a new one. I need a nail gun that was powerfull enough to attach P.T.2"x4" to concrete block, and also be a general frame nailer. The Hitachi, (using 3"hardened nails),doubles as a concrete nailer. Very dependable, bulletproof nail gun. Downside: Heavier and larger than other nailers, and Hitachi doesn't make a plastic or steel carrying case for this gun.

for working overhead, or on staging or framing on the jobsite, it's a bit more awkward than a similar stick nailer. Changing nail sizes is a tedious little business, can't be done easily while up on a ladder, for instance, with different coils and different magazine settings while a few clips of stick nails fit easily and quickly in the nail bags. Coils are easily bent or bumped on a busy job, which makes them quite difficult to fit into the nailer. Get the stick version instead.

I have had this gun for over 10 years and love it. It's never let me down. I have never had to tear it apart to fix it. I oil it like it says. Clean out where the nails get fed once and a while. I use it for framing and sheathing. It's a little heavy but it's nice to not have to keep putting sticks of nails into a gun. The coils hold hundreds of nails.

Hitachi is the BEST out there, Max is also good but I have found that I can't go wrong with hitachi.



Buy this one, and you won't be disappointed. I don't like the looks or feel of the brand new version.

I purchased this gun about a year and a half ago. I have waited to give my opinion for some time due to the fact that I use this gun constantly, and wanted to see how this gun would preform over an extended period of time before making a recommendation.This gun has never, ever, let me down. I am in construction and the Hitachi NV83A is my best friend. Sure the gun would periodically jam here and there, open the front loader and remove the nail, end of story. This thing is so durable and honest that it is a pleasure to pick up.If you are contemplating buying a framing gun... I strongly recommend the Hitachi NV83A. - Porter-cable - Nail Gun - Nailer - Bostitch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information